When a person creates an original work that is fixed in a physical medium, that person automatically owns copyright to the work. Copyright ownership gives the owner the exclusive right to use the work in certain, specific ways. Many types of works are eligible for copyright protection, including audiovisual words, sound recordings and musical compositions, written works, visual works, video games and computer software, and dramatic works.
In some circumstances, it is possible to use a copyrighted work without infringing the owner’s copyright. For example, in the United States, copyrights are limited by the doctrine of “fair use,” which permits certain uses of copyrighted material, such as parody, satire, and social commentary.
Unique Clothing Design accepts unsolicited designs from independent artists who are informed and have agreed to Unique Clothing Design policies concerning the intellectual property rights of others. All designs selected by Unique Clothing Design are new, original, and/or transformative works that may parody, satirize, or provide social commentary on other copyrighted works. Unique Clothing Design and the selected designs make only fair use of the copyrighted works of others. Unique Clothing Design respects the copyrights of others, and Unique Clothing Design is not affiliated with the owners of the copyrights to which the selected designs may refer.
It is Unique Clothing Design’s policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. & 512, and other applicable laws. Unique Clothing Design’s response may include removing or disabling access to a design claimed to be infringing. If Unique Clothing Design removes or disables access in response to such a notice, Unique Clothing Design will make a good-faith attempt to contact the independent artist who submitted the design to Unique Clothing Design so that the artist may make a counter-notification pursuant to Section 512 (g) (2) and (3) of the DMCA.
Please refer to the following detailed instructions which must be followed to protect your rights under the DMCA.
NOTICE AND TEAKDOWN PROCEDURE – REPORTS AND COMPLAINTS
Unique Clothing Design will respond to notifications that contain the following:
A description of the design that is claimed to be infringing and its URL on the Unique Clothing Design website.
A complete description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are claimed to have been infringed, a representative list of such works and descriptions thereof. The description should identify all related copyright registration numbers.
A statement providing the basis for the complaint. The following contact information, The complaining party’s full legal name, The authorized agent’s full legal name (if applicable), A postal address for contacting the complaining party, An e-mail address for contacting the complaining party, A phone number for contacting the complaining party
The following statements
- “I have a good faith belief that he use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- “This notification is accurate.”
- “UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, I am the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed” or, if an authorized agent is submitting the notification, “UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- “I acknowledge that under Section 512 (f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.” Your authority for submitting the notification (e.g., copyright owner, authorized agent of copyright owner)
The complaining party or authorized agent thereof should file the notification by contacting Unique Clothing Design at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of a complete notification, Unique Clothing Design will remove or disable access to the design that is claimed to be infringing from the Unique Clothing Design’s website. The independent artist who submitted the design will be forwarded a copy of the notification and will be alerted that access to the design has been removed or disabled.
Instruction s for Independent Artists
Any complaining party of authorized agent thereof following the procedures above can require Unique Clothing Design to remove or disable access to copyrighted content. When Unique Clothing Design receives a proper notification from a complaining party or authorized agent thereof. Unique Clothing Design will immediately comply. This is a legal requirement; you will not receive advance warning and you will not be given an opportunity to “fix” first.
If you are found to repeatedly submit infringing designs, your account will be suspended. Serious offenders will have their account deactivated and will be permanently banned from submitting designs.
Unique Clothing Design will respond to counter-notifications that contain the following:
- A description of the design that is claimed to be infringing and its URL at the Unique Clothing Design website before access to the design was removed or disabled.
- A statement why the claim of copyright infringement should be rejected.
- The following contact information.
- The responding party’s full legal name.
- The authorized agent’s full legal name (if applicable).
- A postal address for contacting the responding party.
- A e-mail address for contacting the responding party.
- A phone number for contacting the responding party.
- The following statements
- “UNDER PENALRTY OF PERJURY, I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- “I will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under Section 512 © (1) © of the DMCA or the agent of such person.”
- “I acknowledge that under Section 512 (f) of the DMCA, any or misidentification may be subject to liability for damages.”
- Your authority for submitting the counter-notification (e.g., independent artist who submitted the design, authorized agent of independent artist who submitted the design) The responding party or the authorized agent thereof should file the notification by Unique Clothing Design at email@example.com